Routines to live byApril 5, 2010Jon Brooks 1 Comment »
Out of work with a lot of extra time on your hands? Check out the web site Daily Routines to learn how famous artists, philosophers, scientists, and statesmen organized their days for optimal productivity. For instance:
- Winston Churchill – awake at 7:30 am, breakfast in bed with mail and newspapers. Bath at 11, garden walk, a whiskey and soda. At 1pm, a 2 1/2 hour lunch.
- John Grisham – writing by 5:30 am, with goal of at least one page per day.
- Karl Marx – daily visits to the British Museum reading room
- Charles Darwin – walk, breakfast, work, letters, work, lunch, rest, walk, dinner
- Immanuel Kant – up at 5:00 am followed by weak tea, pipe smoking, and meditation
- Barack Obama – workout at 6:45 am, Oval Office by 9. Newspapers, breakfast with family, sees daughters off to school. Dinner is with family, then often back to work.